Any SSO Integration is a coordinated effort between your organization and Trajectory IQ. If your organization uses G Suite for email, then we can configure our system to allow the use of your users' Google accounts in order to log in. If a user in your system is already logged in to their Google account, the result is seamless integration between your system and a Trajectory.
The following serves as a general guideline to set this up on your end. It also outlines the information that you need to provide Trajectory IQ.
- Create a new Google API Console project with a blank "Authorized redirect URI"
- Provide the Client ID and Client Secret that are shown after creation of the project to Trajectory IQ
- Enable the Google+ API
- Add the Okta Redirect URI to the Google App created above (when provided by Trajectory IQ)
❗️*Note: At this stage you will wait for Trajectory IQ to provide you with a URL that will provide SSO access to a module. Although it requires no further configuration on your end, every module will have a different URL.
Access to the Google API Console: go to https://console.developers.google.com/ and register for a developer account if you haven’t already done so.
❗️*Note: Your G Suite/Google configuration may have an administrator within your organization. If so, you will need to work with them through these requirements.
Set Up a Google App
- Create a new Google API Console project by going here
- Click "CONFIGURE A PROJECT"
- Follow the instructions
- When asked for the type of application (i.e., "Where are you calling from?"), select "Web browser".
- Click "CREATE"
- Make note of the OAuth client ID and Client Secret values and provide them to Trajectory IQ
Enable the Google+ API
- Ensure you are in the APIs & Services area of the Google API Console by navigating here
- Click on “Dashboard” on the left-hand side
- Click "ENABLE APIS AND SERVICES" near the top of the screen
- Search for "Google+" and then click on the "Google+ API" link
- Once on the “Google+ API” page, click "ENABLE"
Add the Okta Redirect URI to the Google App
Once the Client ID and Client Secret are provided to Trajectory IQ, you will wait until we provide you with Redirect URI to add to your configuration in Google. Once you have your Redirect URI from Trajectory IQ, proceed with the following:
- Return to the APIs & Services area of the Google API Console by navigating here
- Click "Credentials" on the left side of the screen
- Select the OAuth client that was created above
- To the Authorized redirect URIs section, add the Redirect URI provided by Trajectory IQ
- Click "Save"
❗️*Note: At this stage, you will wait for Trajectory IQ to provide you with a URL that will provide SSO access to a module. Although it requires no further configuration on your end, every module will have a different URL.